1. Q: Where do I sign-up?
A: Youth can sign-up right here!
Adult Registration is wait listed. To sign-up on the priority wail list, go here:
2. Q: Who can Attend?
A: Anyone registered in Scouting 14 or older on June 9, 2019. The Summit is open to anyone interested, from beginners to experts.
3. Q: Is the Summit available for youth to attend?
A: Not only is it available to youth, youth are encouraged to attend.
4. Q: What is the cost of the Summit?
A: $555 for Adults; $495 for Youth (under 21 years of age on June 15, 2019)
5. Q. Who is putting on this Philmont Training Course (PTC)?
A: The National Scouting Historian Summit is a joint project of the Order of the Arrow and the National Scouting Museum.
6. Q: Can Family members do things at Philmont while I am attending this course?
A: Yes! Family Members are encouraged to attend. Philmont offers a great program for family members of all ages. See: https://www.philmontscoutranch.org/ptc/familyprograms
7. Q: I am planning on flying or taking the train to Philmont. Where do I travel to and is there a shuttle service?
A: Information for where to travel to and shuttle services can be found here: https://www.philmontscoutranch.org/ptc/planningyourvisit/travelinformation
8. Q: What should I bring for my trip to Philmont Training Center (PTC)?
A: PTC provides lists of what to bring here: https://www.philmontscoutranch.org/ptc/planningyourvisit/whattobring
9. Q: Can I see a schedule?
A: The Summit schedule will be available in early 2019. The typical week’s Philmont Training Center schedule can be found here: https://www.philmontscoutranch.org/ptc/yourweek
10. Q: I know I will need a BSA Medical Form. Where do I find the right ones for my family and me?
A: You can find that information here: https://www.philmontscoutranch.org/ptc/health-and-medical-record/
11. Q: What facilities does the Philmont Training Center offer? What is in a tent? How do showers work?
A: Learn about the PTC facilities at: https://www.philmontscoutranch.org/ptc/facilities
12. Q: What are some of the activities available at Philmont besides the Summit?
A: For activities offered see: https://www.philmontscoutranch.org/ptc/leisure
13. Q: What are the arrival and departure dates?
A: Participants must arrive by the afternoon of Sunday, June 9, 2019.
If planning to take the Philmont Airport Shuttle from Albuquerque, Denver or Colorado Springs, you must arrive on Saturday, June 8, 2019 before 1 PM MST.
Staff and Instructors must arrive at Philmont in the afternoon of Saturday June 8, 2019 whether driving or taking the Philmont Airport Shuttle.
Everyone will Depart Philmont in the morning of Saturday June 15, 2019.
14. Q: Does Philmont Training Center have a webpage for FAQs for them?